Friday, February 04, 2005

Lent

Okay... so I'm not exactly Christian... trying it out for a bit. So... Chinese New Year is this Wednesday, Feb. 9, 05. (Ash Wednesday) So... I'll be starting the Lunar New Year with Lent. My grandmother has asked me to say the prayer for everyone for the New Year's Dinner... even tho I'm not really Christian yet... and she's the only Christian in our family. I'm quite reluctant to do it, because it doesn't feel right, if I'm not sure I'm going to be Christian or not.

Well... back to the subject of Lent. It starts February 9, 2005 and ends March 25, 2005. Although I may not be Christian, it might be a step, if I observe a Christian holiday. I've been thinking about it a bit... and I've decided to give up the phone (for chatting, anyways), AIM (for chatting), and Xanga for the period of Lent. Well... I think I'll still be using the phone and AIM, but only after I'm done with my homework and piano. Maybe, I'll give up meat. I want to be vegitarian someday, but I'm hoping I'll still grow, so I'm still eating meat. When I know I won't be able to grow anymore... I'll become vegitarian. ^^

Okay. So... my goal for Lent is to give up social distractions such as AIM, phone, and xanga, at least until after I'm done with my homework, or anything else I need to do. It's the Chinese New Year... so not only is it my goal for Lent, it's like my second new year's resolution. XD Let's hope I can keep these. If I can accomplish my goal... for fourty days, maybe I'll get used to not using AIM and stuff, which will actually be good for me. So... maybe, if all goes as planned, I will give up something very dear to me for Lent, and I will also achieve some of the goals I set for the new year. =] "Kill two birds with one stone." or something along those lines. =) Good luck to all of you with Lent, or the Lunar New Year. and... Happy New Year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home